Monday, September 7, 2015

pool partying

This past week was full of a pool full of people (say that 20 times).  I think every day we had a bunch of friends over.  Monday night (Aug. 31) a bunch of the neighbour kids came over for a night swim.  One of them brought ice cream and toppings for a late night snack as well.  It was a full moon and there was some smoke in the air so the moon was bright pinky orange.




I started work on Tuesday, feeling very sorry for myself for having to go back into "real life", after two full months of summer with the family.  Pathetic of me, I know.  I'm spoiled.  
When I came home after my first day, I saw several cars in the driveway so I knew we had company.  There were four neighbour kids, Maddy's boyfriend, Mark, our friends and their three young kids, and our kids all in the pool.  At first, for a few seconds, I felt like crying.  I wanted to burst into tears because I felt so sad that I had missed out on the fun that they had been having.  Then I realized how ridiculous that was - because they were still here!  More fun was yet to be had.
I tried to throw Mia into the pool and it wasn't working, so I just grabbed her and jumped in with her...with my work clothes on.  After swimming around a little, I went to get my actual bathing suit on and enjoy our company.  Most of our time was spent watching all (ALL) of the kids attack Mark while he valiantly defended himself with pool noodles and boogie boards.  They also all greatly enjoyed his crazy pool entries - flipping and flying into the pool.







Our friends left for a little while to dry off and all that, and came back later for dinner.
On Wednesday Maddy had a bunch of friends over and Thursday Mia had a bunch.  Before, after and in between all of that, there were still plenty of neighbor kids around as well.  It was a week-long swim-fest.  It thrill my heart to come home every day from work to find a pool/house full of people.  What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment