Sunday, August 2, 2015

garage sale guest blogger

I'm honored to introduce a guest writer today.  It is my darling niece, Brooklyn.  You may recognize the name from this post.
Take it away Brookie Cookie

Hello! Okay, so the Giesbrecht family and the Ackermann Family (plus Grandma Irene) held a garage sale at the Ackerfolks. We all reached down to the very depths of our generous hearts and decided that other people needed our stuff more than we did. But we still wanted money. I want some money myself, because I'm going on this cruise with my dad and I'd like some spending money, right? Anyway we searched through our hoards in our houses and decided that we might be able to part with some of our collection. Somethings were harder to get rid of than other, for example, I could've thrown out almost all of my clothes, but my mom made me keep some. Stuffed animals on the other hand, I could barely part with just one. In the end I donated pretty much all of them, expect approximately 6. It was very hard and my heart is still aching and is yearning for the soft touch of their fur and their adorable faces. From where I sit I can see their little faces staring into my soul making me feel guilty. I can only hope that they'll go to good homes and forgive me for this horrid sin.


(that is Brooklyn, said guest authoress, on the left and my precious Mia on the right… they were awfully helpful)
Last night everybody came to the Ackermann's and started setting up for the garage sale. I was a little ADHD with my helping skills, or however I should word that. I started helping with somethings then got distracted easily, like one time my mom told me to do a puzzle but then I started looking at the stuffies and I got distracted by my Build-A-Bear, which I said I wasn't going to sell because it has sentimental values, and Alex has the same one so of course I'm not going to sell it,  because she's moving to Calgary and it kind of will be like a part of her left behind even though it's my Build-A-Bear... and I'm rambling, aren't I? Well I guess that kind of is and example of how I get distracted easily... Anyway what was I saying? Oh yeah! We were helping the day before. The most annoying to organize is the clothes, because like how do I price it? Do I change the price for Hollister, etc? Or what????? I'm so confused! Yeah, it was really annoying. Then it was Polly Pockets! Oh my word, those were so awful to organize, my mom stayed up until one in the morning one day to organize all of our Polly Pockets. We are getting rid of all of them, which was also kind of sad, because we played with them all the time! Oh we're also getting rid of our play structure! Okay why did Auntie Carla make me write this post, it's really depressing! I could've written any other post, but nooooooooo I have to write the really sad one! Okay I'm done.
 (A friend's piece of furniture that we were selling for her - it blew over twice in the gale-force winds and basically shattered.  Ooops)

(Mia being cheesy and Brooklyn typing this here post)
This is torture. I'll write about more happy things now.
On to today! Yay! Actually no, not yay, because today is even more sad than yesterday, because today people are actually buying your stuff and TAKING IT TO THEIR HOMES!!! Not yay. But actually I don't mind because I've actually made some pretty great moolah. There's this one desk here that I really really want from every single corner of my toes. I would very much like it for my room. I have this whole plan to redo my room and make it the best I make. I have visions for my room. If only I had time... and money. We've had a couple people try to barter with us saying things like "this is five dollars, can i have it for three?" and we're just like no. We gave it a price that's the price it is. Okay we said it more politely than that, and also if they just wanted to go down like one dollar, then sure why not. (i would like to apologize in advance to Auntie Carla for this highly exaggerated and very horrific blog post. I'm a newbie) Me and Mia have been working the till. I was going to tell you some funny till stories, but they're aren't really any good till stories, because who's ever heard  of till stories that's just stupid.
(Mia and Brooklyn made a sign for the sale…  we had to improve it a little to make it more legible - I handed Mia a can of spray paint)

Well I guess I have one, but it's not really funny it's just annoying. This one lady was just buying somethings for seven dollars, but she gave us a freaking $100 bill! Like whaaaat? so we had no cash and it was really annoying. I'm really just pointing out all the flaws in garage sales, and i'm just saying that everything is annoying. So by all means have a garage sale and have fun getting annoyed and counting flaws. I'm just kidding. Garage sales are actually really fun. I just keep complaining this whole post. So don't listen to me. Honestly I wouldn't care if you ignored me because I wouldn't have a clue because I'm just typing and can't actually see you reading this. But you you should still read the blog. That's what I do all the time. Like pretty much every single day I check the blog and I don't even know why. But anyway I'm going to go now.



BYE.

Thanks my darlingest Brooklyn.  Such a charmer, ain't she?
We also had approximately the entire neighborhood worth of kids in our back yard swimming, at one time or another, that same day…. and we fed them all pizza.  It was rather fantastically fun.
 (I'm pretty sure Glenda would get physically aggressive with me for posting the above picture, especially more now that I am drawing attention to it…. but what the heck is she doing?  Perhaps I caught her mid-one arm-pushuping (and pushuping in for sure a word)

So to sum up - We had a garage sale, it sucked, we will never do it again especially now that we've discovered the glories of VarageSale where you have much less hassle, is more lucrative, your husbands don't go all passive-aggressive on you, and you don't end up sweating in the heat.
GarageSale - stinks
VarageSale - smells like a make-you-want-to-cry-cause-it-is-so-fabulous mixture of citrus blossoms, fresh cut grass, and kids who have just come in from playing outdoors (mixed with a little cozy wintery cinnamon Christmasness, but then we are going into two completely different season and that just somehow doesn't work well.)
The evening was absolutely spectacular - crazy weird weather and skies (always the most fabulous skies here - although I say that neverendingly…. neverendingly is also a word, I am confident)

 Then in the backyard we had this crazy-amazing full double rainbow.  Yup…. full and double…. and the double was full - as in complete.  But it is hard to see it in the picture so just believe me.  I lie not.


 And then it got sunsetty (you guessed it, also a word), and the double rainbow was still there so it looked even more cooler (proper grammar, peeps, proper grammar……which apparently has no relation to this post).
If that doesn't just make all the discouragement of making very little cash at a garage sale after putting in a lot of work wash away, not much will.  God is Awesome.  Yup, He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment