Tuesday, July 21, 2015

oma and opa

As previously stated, Oma and Opa came.  And there was much rejoicing!  We were all so excited to see them - it had been so long!  They spoiled the kids - of course.
For the first little while that they were here, we were rather busy (especially Maddy and I) with grad.... and recuperating from grad.  Later, however, we had a bit more time.  One night we had dinner at the restaurant Maddy works at (Irori - so yummy) and then went out for ice cream after.


On Tuesday Eric took them to the Human Rights Museum in Winnipeg.  My sister Jodi gave them a tour.  It sounded quite fascinating.   I guess I missed out.  
The kids and I joined them later for lunch at the Forks.  We had a great lunch and then walked around there for a bit.  We came across a splash pad and I dared Cade to go in with his clothes on.  I decided to dare myself as well.  I did it rather quickly, so I didn't get too wet, but Cade took his time.  He was soaked!



After that we headed to the BDI (Bridge Drive In) - a Winnipeg institution.  It was a necessary introduction.  You could hardly claim to have visited Winnipeg in the summer without stopping here. Eric doesn't think it is all that, and perhaps he is right.  Their ice cream is good but nothing extraordinary.  What is extraordinary is they type of offerings they have, and the fact that it is the BDI - it just is because it is.


The visit was too short, but we are thankful for what we got.  It was fantastic to have them here and introduce them to our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment