Friday, March 13, 2015

some'ores

We had another somewhat impromptu marshmallow roast for the neighbourhood this evening and finally, finally we had some more (that's where the some'ores came in - get it?  I'm a word wizard!) neighbours join us.  Of course the kids were all there, which is fantastic, but we had two of the ladies come for a little while.  It was so good to talk with them and meet one for the first time - they are both great people.  I was encouraged.
The kids had a ball having a boys against girls snowball fight, complete with a few 2x4s put down across the yard as a dividing line.  And they thoroughly enjoyed my hot chocolate that I over-powdered (or under watered).
I really wasn't in the mood for socializing this evening as I've been a little down in the dumps lately - really, really, really missing Fairfield (family, friends, church, weather….).  Thankfully I got my butt out there and was rewarded with a little social interaction.
Very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment