Sunday, July 19, 2015

cyclathon 2015

The cyclathon happened and I pretty much missed it.  Thankfully I have a few pictures - none of them action, however.  

Cade, Mia and Eric all cycled while Lucy and I were in Winnipeg, taking Maddy to write her SATs.  Lucy really wanted to cycle this year, but it just wasn't going to happen without me doing it along side her, and I committed to taking Maddy.  She wasn't very happy about it but it ended up being a good thing.
It was much tougher than last year.  The conditions were much less favourable than last year so it was a little more gruelling.  And it ended in rain so the kids were soaked through with no dry clothes to change into.....  Their change of clothes was with the van in Winnipeg.  Not the best or most happy ending!
After the SATs, the three of us headed to Red Rock to join the others.  Cade was quite relieved to have some dry, warm clothes, although he was probably more happy to see his mom (okay, I admit that I live in a dream world....).  We made it in time for the program.  No big prizes for the Ackermans this year, but Cade still did come away with a great sweatshirt and Eric got a rose to plant in our yard (it is pretty much dead already.... we are no gardeners).

We all spent the night again (well, okay, again for all of them.... I didn't last year).  The next morning a friend pointed out a beautiful, dew-covered spider's web that I needed to photograph.


The day was filled with swimming, hiking, talking and eating.  It was a great weekend.  And I think Red Rock liked it too.... they raised a whole lot of cash (for kids to attend camp).


Next year, I'm riding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment