Tuesday, July 14, 2015

moms and daughters

May long weekend, Glenda, Alex, Maddy and I drove on down to Minneapolis for a dandy old time of shopping, visiting and general carousing around (okay, we really didn't carouse at all).  The visiting was done with our fabulous hosts - brother Scott and sister-in-law Cynthia, and of course darling little niece Aianne.
Part of the agenda was to find some grad/"farewell" (a prom-like event for only the grads, put on by the school) attire.  That was done with great success.  For all four of us even.
Scott and Cynthia seem to know all of the good places to eat, so we ate very well.  Oh my, so much good food.
The initial reason for this little adventure was because the girls wanted to go to a Kodaline concert.  We thought it a rather lovely excuse for a trip.  The night of the concert, Glenda and I babysat Aianne while Scott and Cynthia went to a movie.  It was kind of fun to be with a little one again - its been a while.  She reminds Eric and I so much of Maddy, without the constant hollering, of course.
I can't even remember why, but Glenda gave Alex a piggy-back ride to the car at one point (forgot her shoes in the car??).  Impressive.  I don't think I could even do that with Maddy.  Although I don't plan on breaking my back to find out!  It was rather entertaining to watch.


Most people probably wouldn't put such a picture of themselves out for the world to see, but my pride could use some bashing anyway.....
I found this dress at one of the stores and just had to try it on.  It weighed a TON!!  It was a workout just wearing it.
Alex tried some things on too.  We were in Macy's - and the store clerk loved us.  Alex kept finding larger and larger cup sizes.... sizes I didn't even know you could find in a store.  Custom made is what I thought.




The day we left was Glenda's birthday, so the evening before Scott and Cynthia bought an ice cream cake for her.  They told me about it....  Somehow in the hours between them telling me and it happening I forgot (shocker!) and thought it was a good idea for the four of us to stop at Target and get some treats to eat while we watched a movie together.... treats which included ice cream.  My level of moron-ness just never ceases to amaze me.
And this is what we headed back into....  Nothing like snow at the end of May.  Not the best way to end a great weekend....we were a little worried about the drive home.  But c'est la vie!  It ended up being fine, by the way.
We found another lovely little shopping area on the way out that we would love to keep in mind for future trips.  I hope Glenda has kept it in mind because I don't remember at all where it was!  We stopped briefly, long enough for Maddy to try on a dress.  Sort of.  She wasn't motivated enough to actually go in the change room and give it a real go.  
The dress was not purchased, but fun was had.


No comments:

Post a Comment