Tuesday, November 18, 2014

annual shopping extravaganza

As I lie around here on the couch writing on this here blog, my little Lucy is you-tubing the Christmas songs her class is singing for the local radio in a few weeks.  What a sweet little cherub voice.  I could listen to her all day.  Love that little bundle of way-too-much-energy.

November 7 - 10 we all headed down to Fargo for the annual family time of hanging out, eating, shopping, swimming and even some sleeping.  Well, I should clarify.  By "we all", I don't actually mean everyone.  Jodi was absolutely swamped with the opening of Human Rights Museum (was the 12th) so she couldn't make it.  That led to Jared, Chris and Jann also not making it.  It was very sad.  Thankfully, in spite of their absence, we managed to have a good time.

Now Lucy is singing the songs from Frozen along with the Pentatonix.  Just thought you'd want an update.

Once again I didn't take enough pictures - or even a single good one for that matter - but I was a little distracted.  We did have a lovely shopping break lunch at the Target cafe on Sunday.  Can't beat that.  Or perhaps you can - most of the time, in fact.  Like the day before at Panera Bread, for example.
Or like perhaps at Texas Roadhouse for dinner….. the favourite restaurant of most.  Always a long wait, but pretty much worth it.  Alex looks a little scary.  That's how she is when she is hungry.
Oh, she's smiling - but be when they called us.

Saturday we also had an "adults only" meal at some microbrewery restaurant.  It seemed like the food was really good although my mouth was so messed up I couldn't really tell.  In fact, I had one bite of my fish tacos and the seasoning hurt my mouth so badly I couldn't eat anymore.  But the company was fabulous.  The kids hung out in the hotel rooms watching movies, playing and eating pizza and Panda Express.  Does it seem like the whole weekend was about food?  Seems to be what I am talking about….
Sunday night Maddy, Alex and I went for a late night Target run.  Maddy was looking fine in her flower pants and plaid shirt.  I know mixing patterns is pretty in right now, but um….. well, you be the judge.  And Alex was playing the part of the gangsta.
When we got back to the hotel Grandma Rose and Auntie Kim (Rose and Kim to me!) were still hanging out in the lounge so we joined them, with our Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt (here I go with the food again).  It was a lovely time - one of the highlights.

Oh.  And now Lucy is just listening to anything Pentatonix.

No comments:

Post a Comment