Monday, November 3, 2014

the librarian

That is me.  "The Librarian"
It first sunk in on Halloween night when we were trick or treating around Brent and Glenda's neighbourhood.  First one kid walked past me, I recognized them from school (I smiled, said hi, etc.) and thought I heard them say after to their mom "that was the Librarian".
A little while later we went to a house and it was the home of another student.  Her mom told me that she had been looking out the window and said "I think that is our Librarian coming to our house!"  
So that is me.  I never would have thought I would be a librarian.  But look at me now.
This year I am in charge of the K-12 library area and worked on starting the K-6 library (this is the first year the school has had K-4 classes).  It has been quite fun - especially designing, painting, purchasing stuff, etc. for the new space!
I thought I'd throw in a few pictures from Buddy reading time (they are so stinking cute!!) with photos that hopefully won't allow much recognition of the students - I don't have their permission, after all!

This one may be too recognizable but I had to throw it in because it is so darn cute.  Take a look at the little boy's shoes...
I'm pretty sure he walked around the whole day with his shoes on the wrong feet.  I love it!  
I love these kids and adore having them (or just regular classes) come in for their library time.  They put a very big smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment