Monday, November 3, 2014

family nonsense

Some of this stuff is embarrassingly old, but still worthy of mention or at least of picturing.  I shall be brief!
Speaking of briefs, here is a picture of a typical load of laundry in the house.  The percentage illustrated are accurate (well, mostly…. they may be slightly exaggerated in this photo.)  Everyone one has a little or normal amount of laundry.  And then there is the owner of the large pile furthest to the back of the picture:  Cade (although there is a noticeable lack of underwear in the laundry pile… not uncommon for a male of his age, I hear).
Back in fall.  Our yard stays rather wet.  Seems like there is a drainage issue of some sort.  But Eric looks rather hot mowing the lawn in this goulashes.  Isn't goulashes a great word?
Maddy, Mia and I went to the city one day in fall - don't really remember what for - but we did stop at the BDI (Bridge Drive Inn) to have one of their newest features.  The name of it escapes me right now, but it is filled with nutella, caramel and ice cream goodness.


Maddy finally was able to get her learners permit (or as they say here, "learners") now that she has proof of citizenship.  I've only driven with her once - that is kind of the father's job as far as I'm concerned.  We all have our strengths.  Driving and teaching are not mine.  Teaching driving definitely are near the bottom of my skill set.  Maddy isn't too concerned about driving yet though - it is not on the top of her priority list.  I think she figures since we only have one vehicle, she may not get much car time anyway.
I was going through a bunch of stuff we have had in storage for the years we were gone in Ecuador and came across my wedding dress.  All the girls needed to try it on.  Maddy did it by force, as you can tell from her expression.  She didn't like the dress much either.  That is a "get this thing off of me" look.
Mia was next.  It actually fit her perfectly other than the length….it was quite a bit too long (she is about 5'1" or so right now…. I am 5'7").  It made me realize how thin I once was - I never really realized I was that tiny.

And then Lucy thought she should give it a shot.  Pretty cute!
Then she thought she should also try it on with a pair of my old glasses and the veil so she ended up looking like a strange old lady getting married.  Wierd.
Lucy also went to a friend's birthday party back in October.  They had some beautiful face painting there.  Naturally she wanted that to be featured!

This final tidbit has nothing to do with family but was so hilarious to me.  I was at the medical clinic the other week getting some blood work done.  Across from me was this very old looking man who had his nose in his smart phone the entire time.  You would have thought he was 15.  Then after a while he started talking to me and showing me pictures on his phone of this new car he bought - one of those super duper tiny things - I forget what they are called - and gave me a very extended history as to why he bought it, what happened to his previous one… on and on.  I love him, basically.  He is hilarious.  
Then another man comes in whom he knows and he starts talking to him, showing him the same pictures and telling the same story.  Then they started talking about other things and this old buy starts googling stuff on his phone, showing the other guys stuff, doing more on his phone while the other guy is trying to talk to him.  

I think this poor man was born 65 years too early!



No comments:

Post a Comment